Most mornings I grab a green smoothie after my practice and then set about my day. Sunday however is a day to change the pace...a little sleep in, a leisurely walk with my man and then a nutritious muesli feast by the pool.
This weeks alluring muesli mix:
- 1 cup Organic rolled grains (a bend of organic rolled oats, triticale, spelt, quinoa and barley)
- 3 tablespoons raw nut mix, chopped fine (almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts)
- 2 teaspoons pepitas/ sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic sultanas & gogi berries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Fresh blueberries/ & strawberries
- 1/2 banana
Ways to serve to please everyone:
- Grain mix can be soaked overnight in coconut water or fresh orange juice then trimmings added.
- Completed muesli can be served dry with yogurt ( coconut yogurt or plain organic yogurt)
- You may choose to add soy, almond, or rice milk to serve.
- The pool is optional ;)
Try it out and enjoy!
Let me know any favourite breakfast dishes you have, I am keen to try something new!